Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One Prayer

Today we, the members of LifeChurch.tv, are fasting and praying for lives to be changed and the Church to become one.


These are the people that I am praying for......

1. Lindsay--my sweet sister. I am praying that God tugs at he heart and reminds her of how truly amazing He is.

2. Eric--a good friend of my sister's. I am not sure if he is a believer or not, but I pray that he will come to know Christ and become a fully devoted follower.

3. Beau--Mitch's brother. Turned off by the thought of "church," I pray that Mitch and I can continue to share all the things God is doing in our lives.

4. Michael--Mitch's dad. I don't know the whole story but this very stubborn man pretty much refuses to go to church. I pray that God will work in his life...even if he never leaves the house.

5. Susan-- friend and new mommy. She has said that religion is private to her. I pray the God will give me the courage to go beyond that "barrier" and find out what she believes and how I can help. I also pray for her boyfriend, Mat, that he will grow to be the spiritual leader for their family.

6. Jessica--friend and new mommy. I pray that she and her husband, Robert, would grow in their faith together and set an example for their daughter, Aubrie. I pray that God pulls their heart string and Mitch and I will be able to help them in whatever way we can. I know she is a believer, but I pray that she would be on fire for the Lord.

7. Rachel-- friend. Just like Jessica, I know she believes but I pray that she would be on fire. I don't talk to her very often. I pray for the opportunity and the courage to share with her. I also pray for her boyfriend, Jason. He and Mitch we once "besties." I pray the Mitch will be the one to bring him back to the Lord.

8. Ashley--friend and mommy to be. I pray that she and her soon-to-be hubby, Charlie, would grow in their faith together. I pray that they will be an example for little baby. I pray that God gives me the opportunity to show the God's love.

9. David--friend/brother. Mitch's "brother" for over 16 years. Mitch and I both have lost touch with him, he is not responding to anything we say or do so, I am praying that God will give an a chance for communication. I pray that the Lord will touch his heart and help him let go of all of the hurtful things in his past. He has had a hard life. He is our biggest project.

10. My co-workers. As some of you may know, Hideaway is not the most Godly place to work. Maybe that is why I am back again. I can count the believers on one hand. I pray the I can be an example to all of them. I pray that my words and thoughts be doubly filtered, that I may not get "sucked in" to even the smallest conversation that is not pleasing to God. It may mean I never open my mouth there, but I pray for the courage to stand up for what I believe in and let them know how much God loves them.


I was once like a few of the people I listed above. Stuck in the wrong ways, caught up with the wrong crowd, no cares in the world, and turned off by "church." I knew I had strayed away from God and at the time, I didn't really care. It wasn't until we first visited LifeChurch.tv last year that I wised up. I got out of my old ways and start my own new ones. After Mitch and I got married, we just kind of stopped going to church again. I was empty, had no ambition and there was just this itch inside me and I knew something was missing. With just the mention of His name, I would tear up and I could do nothing but sit and cry. Finally Easter Sunday, we went back to church. We have been going and giving faithfully ever since. God changed our lives that day. Every day since then my relationship with Christ has grown stronger. I pray that the Lord will work in these people the way that he worked in me. I pray they realize that they are not living the right life, but that God still loves them anyway. I know it is hard to give up a lifestyle that you are so accustomed to, that is what held me back for so long. My life now is fuller because of His blessings, happier because of His love, and brighter because I know he will never leave my side and I will get to spend my every tomorrow with him.

No comments:

On top of Haleakala

On top of Haleakala