Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hubs is such a Romantic....

And I didn't even know it.


I met Mitch three days after I had broken up with my boyfriend. My friend Rachel, to pull me out of my depression, told me she had a guy for me to meet and that she had just been waiting until I was single! In my head I'm thinking....Rachel has good taste in guys....why not go with her to meet him. So I did.


From the moment I laid eyes on him I kept saying, Really? That's him? No way. There was no doubt in my mind that he would never, ever, EVER have a chance. He was wearing holy jeans (not the cool kind...they were like mommy jeans...only for boys) and a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off. His hair was parted on the side and combed over. (insert old joke here, Lauren) I could just tell he was a very dorky man.


Soon after that, Rachel broke up with her boyfriend and started dating Jason, Mitch's roommate. Rachel didn't have a car and I didn't have a life since I had invested everything into my previous relationship so, I always drove her to "The House" to see Jason. Mitch and I always ended up talking for hours, on the back porch. I started realizing that he was a really great guy, but still not the one for me. Out of respect for me, he did not pursue me because he knew my feelings.


Anyway....that's how it started and it continued on like that for about two months. In those two months, I dated one guy, starting talking to another then finally started hanging out with Jason's brother, Josh. This only lasted like three days. Rachel's boyfriend didn't get off work til about 4 in the morning, so we slept all day and then went over to The House about the time he got home. So, one morning I was watching a movie with Josh and Mitch came walking downstairs to go to work. Before he left, he played with his dog Baby for a few minutes then gave her some food and left.


For some reason, when he fed Baby I "just knew" that I wanted to be with him. So, the next morning I set my alarm so I could talk to him before he started working too hard. Here's how the conversation went.....keep in mind we are text messaging.....


Me: "Can I be honest with you?

Him: "Always"

Me: "You have been on my mind like crazy"


Blah, Blah, Blah.....I tell him we should be together....he thinks about it (even though he is crying joy)....la de da.....finally after a three page text message about how crazy he is about me he says


Him: "I can be anything you want me to be."


We never stopped texting for the next 18 hours. That night he went to Dallas and I went to Sallisaw so we didn't see each other until he got back in town the next night.


The rest is history.


Here is the romantic part.....Last night we were reminiscing about the morning we decided to be together.....


Me: "Remember when you said I can be anything you want me to be?"


Him: "Yeah, that was a good line." Blah, Blah, Blah....then he said something like, I never knew I could get you with a line from a movie!


Me: "Wait.....that was from a movie?"


Him: Speechless and offended: "Are you kidding me?"


After minutes of trying to get him to tell me what movie it is from, I finally figured it out. It is a line from The Notebook! My favorite movie...how I missed it...I'm not quite sure.


Ya know the part at the beginning when Noah is trying to convince Allie to be with him??


My heart melted. :)





1 comment:

Lauren said...

I think I just threw up in mouth a little bit. Ha- just kidding.

On top of Haleakala

On top of Haleakala