Monday, July 21, 2008

Umm....was that my answer?!

Last Monday : Hubs and I were talking about my career as an Interior Designer or the possibility of going back to school for something new. He told me to keep praying and he would keep praying for me as well and we'll see how I feel at the end of the week. So, I prayed, very bluntly, all day. "God, what do you want me to do?"

Tuesday: I got a call from my friend at Hideaway saying that my old regulars had come in to see if I was back yet. This excited me, they are great! He asked where I was and what I was doing and if I was still doing design work. My friend explained that I have kind of avoided design since graduation but that she tries to encourage me to give it another try. My regular says, well before she left we asked her to do our house when it was finished and now it's finished and I'm hoping she'll still be interested. He gave my friend his card and told her to have me call him.

Wednesday: Panic attack. What am I going to do with my life?

Thursday: Enroll in a few classes at TCC....just in case.

Friday: Still soul searching...

Saturday: My birthday. Hubs and I were at dinner and he asked if I was any closer to a decision and I said um, not really. I said something along the lines of, I'm still hoping the passion for design will come back to me so I don't know if I'm ready to make the decision to go back to school. So...what I just told myself is that I do still like design if I'm still hanging onto it. We kept chatting and I said, almost out of the blue at this point, "I think I would be really scared to help them." Confused Hubs says, "what are you talking about?" I said "remember the other day when I told you about my regular going into Hideaway and leaving his card?" Here comes the light bulb moment.... Hubs says, wait what day was that? I said, "She told me about in on Tuesday but he came in Monday night.....(light bulb)....Oh man...was that my answer??"


SO....was it?!?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Dearest sister,

While I can't say if that was your answer or not, what I do know is you have a lot of talent in design. I will admit that when you decided to do that I was a little skeptical...I like to think of myself as the artist of the family. But every time you showed me a finished project you blew me away. You do great work. So you do some sketches for your regulars...the worst that happens is they don't like it. So you change it. If being scared is what is holding you back pray for strength and courage.

I love you!
Lo

On top of Haleakala

On top of Haleakala