Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Aloha....

So Maui was amazing! I can't wait to go back. Well, actually I can. And my bank account can. It was beautiful, yes, but at some point I think everyone becomes numb to all that beauty. Anyway, to tell you about the entire trip would be far too long. Here was the itinerary. Enjoy!

Friday
2:30pm-Arrive on Maui.
3:30pm-Our first walk along the Kamaole Beach
4:00pm-Dinner at Fred's--the best mexican restaurant ever.
6:30pm-Bedtime! Keep in mind it was 7:30 Oklahoma time.

Saturday
2:30am-Wake up
3:00am-Drive to the top of Haleakala
5:20am-Arrive on the top of Haleakala (10,000 ft) to watch the sunrise---This was the most incredible thing I have ever experienced. We were above the clouds, it was breathtaking.
7:00am-Drive up to the summit of Haleakala
11:00am-Beach time!
2:00pm-Lunch/Dinner at The Sports Page
4:00pm-Take a 4 hour nap!

Sunday
10:00am-Atlantis Subamarine Ride--SO cool. We were 130 ft. below.
1:00pm-Wyndham Vacation Ownership Presentation--very tempting!
6:00pm-Watch the sunset on the beach
7:00pm-Dinner at Cafe O'Lei--Supposedly the best Sushi on the island.

Monday--Happy One Year Anniversary to us!!
11:00am-Beach Time
6:00pm-Sunset Dinner Cruise--very romantic!

Tuesday
11:00am-Beach Time
3:00pm-Maui Ocean Center
5:00pm-Back to Fred's for $3.95 Mahi tacos. Regularly $10.95. I had a cheeseburger taco. Very delicious.

Wednesday
8:30am-Start on the Road to Hana. I was so carsick. It was not enjoyable.
12:00pm-Arrive at Black Sand Beach---so beautiful. More like the Black Rock Beach.
1:00pm-Back to Kihei...carsick again.
4:00pm-Shop around at the little outside mall.
4:30pm-Eat at Fat Daddy's BBQ--best cornbread ever!

Thursday
11:00am-Beach Time
5:00pm-Make Pepperollies (Mitch's recipe) in our room

Friday
10:00am-Pool Time
2:00pm-Drive to the Tedeshi Winery
3:00pm-Take tour of winery
4:00pm-Stop at little shop across from winery with the "best meat on the island"
6:00pm-Grill the best tasting, least expensive steaks we have ever had.

Saturday
1:30-Pool time
6:45-Head to Kihei-Rent-a-Car for shuttle to airport
7:30pm-Arrive at airport
9:30pm-Depart from Maui

Sunday
6:00am-Arrive in Phoenix
6:45am-Depart from Phoenix
10:45am-Arrive in Dallas
11:45am-Eat at La Madaleine's--Best Strawberries with sour cream dip on the planet.
12:45pm-Head home to Tulsa
4:30pm-Stop at Mitch's parents to pick up Kona.
7:30pm-Home Sweet Home!!!

Just a side note...Kessie and Lucky went to new homes while we were away. I'm very sad but I have found that I enjoy being at home so much more! We will be adding a new puppy to the family soon. A puppy that we can train ourselves. Hopefully she will have Kona's sweet temperment. Her name will be Haleakala. Kala for short. :)

Mahalo.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

STRAWBERRIES AT LA MADELINE'S ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD!! Strawberries Romanov I think. It's some sort of bourbon sour cream sauce. YUM!!

Lacey said...

It is 1/2 cup sour cream, 3 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of brandy! And a sprinkle of cinnamon!! Agreed...YUM.

On top of Haleakala

On top of Haleakala